Maintenance Assistant - Vancouver
Baptist Housing is looking for a permanent full-time Maintenance Assistant to join our Team at Grandview Towers in Vancouver. The Maintenance Assistant supports all maintenance initiatives and preventative maintenance at the Residence. The Maintenance Assistant also supports projects and emergency repairs. Responsibilities include: conducting routine building and equipment repairs, including plumbing, electrical, irrigation and building fabric (walls, floors, ceilings, doors and roof), as required; ensuring clean and organized maintenance work and storage areas; assisting in emergencies at the Residence and/or emergency repairs as required.
As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you have exceptional interpersonal skills, the ability to foster and maintain relationships, and model our values in all interactions. The Maintenance Assistant enjoys working with others and is highly service oriented. You are able to work independently and as a collaborative Team Member. You have highly developed mechanical skills with proven ability to maintain and repair a wide range of appliances, equipment and systems. You are a critical thinker and problem solver, detailed and organized, and able to manage your time, workload and conflicting priorities effectively and efficiently.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we will focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of Teammates, Residents, Families, and others.
- Honesty: exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: recognizing God's ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: taking our work seriously, but not ourselves!
- A minimum of two years related experience in building and systems maintenance or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Class 5 driver's license and a reliable motor vehicle.
* Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
This is a permanent full-time position (37.5 hrs/week). Compensation includes a comprehensive benefit package. If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume and details to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, contact: Dean Neibel, HR Manager at (604) 940-1960(ext. 115).
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides enhanced living communities and exceptional care to almost 2000 seniors in British Columbia. We provide Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria. We serve through a culture of caring, demonstrating Servant Leadership, collaborating in Teams, building relationships and FUN while exemplifying Christ-like values. We are affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific.
Back to Job Listings