Resident Care Assistant - Abbotsford
Baptist Housing is looking for one permanent full-time Resident Care Assistant to join our Team at our Hallmark On The Park Residence in Abbotsford. The Resident Care Assistant is responsible for providing personal care and assisting with activities of daily living for our Residents in an Assisted Living environment.
The Resident Assistant follows a Care Plan for each Resident, performing duties such as assisting with bathing, toileting, dressing and personal hygiene; doing personal laundry and assisting with meal delivery; administering medications; assisting with Resident transfers and portering to activities; documenting care delivery and providing input to the Nurse Managers regarding changing care needs.
As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you have exceptional interpersonal skills, the ability to foster and maintain relationships, and model our values in all interactions. You love serving seniors and do everything you can to assist our Residents to live well. You are committed to achieving the mission of Baptist Housing, supporting your Team every day, and you have a positive attitude.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we will focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of Teammates, Residents, Families, and others.
- Honesty: exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: recognizing God's ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: taking our work seriously, but not ourselves!
- Grade 12 education and completed a recognized Care Aide program and have current registration with the BC Care Aide Registry
- Certification in medication administration
- Current First Aid certification with CPR.
* Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
This is a permanent full-time position. Compensation starts at $15.00 / hour and includes a comprehensive benefit package. If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume and details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or drop off your resume at Hallmark on the Park - 3055 Princess Street, Abbotsford attn: "Nurse Manager"
For further information, contact: Dean Neibel, HR Manager at (604) 940-1960(ext. 115).
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides enhanced living communities and exceptional care to almost 2000 seniors in British Columbia. We provide Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria. We serve through a culture of caring, demonstrating Servant Leadership, collaborating in Teams, building relationships and FUN while exemplifying Christ-like values. We are affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific.
Back to Job Listings