Silver Screen Conversations: Amour
This week's Silver Screen Conversation film is Amour (2012).
Georges and Anne are a couple of retired music teachers in their 80s. One day, Anne has a stroke, and the couple's bond of love is severely tested.
Best Watched With...
A friend (so that you have a shoulder to cry on!)
Silver Screen Questions for Discussion
- Having seen the movie, what do you think of the title of the film?
- Did you learn anything new about death or the aging experience?
- How does the relationship of Anne and Georges change throughout the film? Did you notice any big turning points?
Check out these other reviews of Amour and see how your thoughts compare:
- A review from The Guardian: "Amour - Review" by Peter Bradshaw
- A review from The New Yorker: "Michael Haneke's Sterile 'Amour'" by Richard Brody
Silver Screen Conversations is an initiative which presents you with movies to watch to spark conversations about aging. Learn how Hollywood is talking about aging and develop ways to weigh in on the conversation yourself.