Recreation Assistants (Casual On-Call) – Victoria
Baptist Housing is looking for Recreation Assistants to join the Team in Victoria at The Heights at Mt. View. Under the direction of the Recreation Therapy Manager, the Recreation Assistant conducts a program of therapeutic and recreational activities designed to meet the physical, mental, social and spiritual needs of Residents.
As a member of a multi-disciplinary team, the Recreation Assistant participates in the concepts of multi-tasking and multi-skilling; and works collaboratively to implement a person-centered Wellness Model of Care. The therapy team supports the greater team by encouraging normalized activities to promote health and wellness, and creating a safe and empowering environment that will support and respect the autonomy, independence, dignity and privacy of Residents.
As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you model our values in all interactions, providing service with an attitude of compassion, respect and integrity. You understand the needs of seniors and love serving them and assisting them to live well. You are committed to achieving the mission of Baptist Housing, supporting your team every day, and you have a positive attitude. You are creative, great at teaching others, and collaborate well with others.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of Teammates, Residents, Families, and others.
- Honesty: exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: recognizing God's ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: taking our work seriously, but not ourselves!
- Recreation Assistants must have completed a recognized Activity Aide program. You must also have a valid unrestricted Class 4 driver's license and clear driver's abstract.
Note: Consideration may be given to applicants with a Class 4 Learner's license, on condition they attain an Unrestricted Class4 driver's license during their 3 mo. probabtionary period.)
- Emergency First Aid - Community Care or equivalent, and current Food Safe.
- Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults.
At this time, we have casual on-call positions available.
To apply, please provide a current resume and cover letter telling us about the shifts you are available for and why you want to work for Baptist Housing. Recreation Assistants are union positions; compensation and benefits are outlined by the Facilities Subsector Collective Agreement.
For further information, contact: Andrew McIntyre, Recreation Therapy Manager at (250) 384-1313 (extension 177).
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment.
Baptist Housing provides enhanced living communities and exceptional care to almost 2000 seniors in British Columbia. We provide Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria. We serve through a culture of caring, demonstrating Servant Leadership, collaborating in Teams, building relationships and FUN while exemplifying Christ-like values. We are affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific.
Back to Job Listings