Licensed Practical Nurses (Casual) - Victoria
Baptist Housing in Victoria, BC is looking for casual Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) who are excited about being part of the team serving Residents at The Heights at Mt. View.
The LPN provides leadership and support to a Community Team, directs the care delivery for Residents ensuring a person-centered model of Wellness, administers medication, provides wound care, conducts various Resident assessments, communicates with family members and service providers, and collaborates with the RN regarding care planning.
As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you model our values in all interactions, providing service with an attitude of compassion, respect and integrity. You love serving seniors and do everything you can to assist our Residents to live well. You are committed to achieving the mission of Baptist Housing, supporting your team every day, and you have a positive attitude.
You have exceptional communication skills, are able to manage time and workload efficiently, have demonstrated leadership skills, and are a critical thinker and problem solver. Successful candidates will have completed a recognized LPN program, have current licensure in good standing with CLPNBC, and have experience providing care for seniors in a Residential Care environment.
Baptist Housing Values As Servant Leaders, we will focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of Teammates, Residents, Families, and others.
- Honesty: exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: recognizing God's ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: taking our work seriously, but not ourselves!
- Completion of a Licensed Practical Nurse program from a recognized, post-secondary institution
- Member in good standing with CLPNBC
- Current Food Safe Certificate
- Experience as a nurse in a Residential Care environment preferred
Positions available are casual on-call with potential for permanent part-time positions. To apply, please provide a current resume and cover letter telling us about your experience, availability for shifts, and why you want to work for Baptist Housing.
Baptist Housing provides enhanced living communities and exceptional care to over 2100 seniors in British Columbia. We provide Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria. We serve through a culture of caring, demonstrating Servant Leadership, collaborating in Teams, building relationships and FUN while exemplifying Christ-like values. We are affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific.
Back to Job Listings