Clinical Practice Lead/Nurse Educator
Clinical Practice Lead/Educator
Baptist Housing provides communities and exceptional care to over 2800 seniors in British Columbia. We provide Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria. We serve through a culture of humility and grace, providing service with an attitude of compassion, respect and integrity. We understand the needs of seniors and love assisting them to live well, modelling our values in all interactions.
The Heights at Mt. View is a 7-storey, 260-suite residence located in Saanich, BC. As a complex care residence, The Heights at Mt. View offers 24/7 Long-Term Care in Victoria. With a design that exceeds operational requirements, this residence is inspired by the individuals who call the community home. This innovative project is part of a regional plan and partnership with the Province of British Columbia, the Vancouver Island Health Authority, the Capital Regional Hospital District and Baptist Housing to replace obsolete long-term care facilities in the Capital Region, and provide more care and housing options for the growing senior population..
The Clinical Practice Lead is responsible for leading the education initiatives for all Team Members within Long Term Care, and support areas. Through the fulfillment of our Mission, Vision, and Values, the Clinical Practice Leader enhances Team Member performance through education, coaching, mentoring and guidance. The Clinical Practice Leader establishes and maintains relationships that exemplify Servant Leadership principles with Team Members, Residents, families and external agencies.
The Clinical Practice Leader is responsible for planning, delivering and evaluating educational programs to the Team Members. Within the Wellness Model of care and service, the Practice Leader supports and respects the autonomy, independence, dignity and privacy of our Residents and fosters a positive work environment for Team Members. This contributes to the safety of both Residents and Team Members. The Clinical Practice Leader values learning, embraces innovative change and promotes health and wellness using a person-centered/Resident directed and normalized living approach.
Acts as an Ambassador of Baptist Housing modeling organizational values, demonstrating Servant Leadership and Fostering positive, collaborative relationships with Residents, Team Members, Families and Partners. Provides team leadership including providing resources and motivation to Team Members in achieving personal and organizational goals, which advance our Vision. Empowers Team Members at all levels to plan interventions to meet Residents’ care needs within the Wellness Model philosophy. Supports Team Members through the Accreditation process.
Leads the development, implementation, evaluation and delivery of Clinical Practice and Orientation Programs for Team Members, Residents, and family. Works towards standardized programs and practices. As part of the Clinical Leaders Team, works collaboratively with the Health Authority to share resources and ensure consistent application of best practice. Ensures standards of practice comply with professional, legal, and organizational requirements.
Ensures that the RAI / MDS reporting competency requirements are met annually. Maintains and provides appropriate reporting to the Senior Clinical Director and Health Authority as required.
Networking and Relationships
Creates positive, collaborative partnerships with key internal stakeholders and external partners including:
- Health Authority
- Support Services Contract Providers
- Educational Institutions (including research programs)
- Gerontological Nurses Association of BC
- CRNBC and CLPNBC
- Schools, Universities and Colleges
Budgets and Analysis
Collaborates with the Senior Clinical Director in preparing the department budget and oversees all expenditures in all departments. Ensures the management of appropriate fiscal, human and material resources
Health & Safety
Ensures Team Members are adequately trained regarding hazards in the workplace and safe work procedures. Establishes, influences, and supports a culture of health and safety.
- Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
- Graduate of a recognized school of nursing and currently registered & in good standing with BCCNM
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or degree in Health Administration
- Consideration may be given to allied professionals with appropriate experience in long term care settings, and with corresponding degree and current registration.
- Allied Health professional must demonstrate experience and competence in delivery of 90% of long-term care education programs, and work within professional scope of practice.
- Two years nursing or allied health experience related to Seniors Care
- Minimum two years’ experience with adult education or clinical instruction in a nursing or allied health environment
- Minimum three years’ experience in Program Development
- Minimum Bachelor of Arts in Adult Education preferred
- Ability to Single Site to the Heights at Mt. View per current PHO orders
- Staff at the Heights at Mt. View are required to be fully vaccinated per PHO orders
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs to Teammates, Residents, Families, and others.
- Honesty: exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behavior.
- Respect: treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: recognizing God’s ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: taking our work seriously, but not ourselves!
What‘s in it for you?
This is a Full-Time, Permanent Position. To apply, please apply by sending a resume to email@example.com telling us why you want to join the Baptist Housing Team!
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment.