Clinical Quality Assurance Specialist (Permanent Full-Time)
Baptist Housing is looking for a Clinical Quality Assurance Specialist to serve our residences across Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria.
Reporting to the Clinical Services Manager, the Clinical Quality Assurance Specialist provides leadership across Baptist Housing in clinical resource, research and enhancement of quality programs though ongoing evaluation of safety and clinical standards. They will utilize expertise in quality, healthcare and management to make systematic process improvements.
Continuous Quality Review Programs include: Accreditation, SEAL of Approval, Health Authority Quality Reviews, Baptist Housing Strategic Plans, Quality Initiatives and existing Resident Directed/Centered Wellness Programs.
The role also includes teaching best practices in clinical care as well as quality and safety practices. The Clinical Quality Assurance Specialist will work collaboratively with members of the Quality Management Teams, Education Teams as well as Directors and Administrators throughout the organization.
This role will collaborate and work closely with the Clinical Services Manager and the Senior Clinical Director, with oversight in assigned clinical programs to meet strategic safety and quality assurance goals.
Builds quality indicator reports, Resident safety reports, other reports for internal use to measure quality, set targets, and inform need for further clinical analysis and program development.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: Showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of fellow Team Members, Residents, families, and others.
- Honesty: Exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: Treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: Exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: Recognizing God’s ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: Reminding us that we must take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
- Master’s degree – MSN or M Ed with a clinical background (preferred)
- Gerontology Certification or equivalent background or experience
- Experience in key health care environments:
- Health Care leadership
- Residential Care
- Assisted Living
- Acute Care (preferred)
- Facilitator / Collaborator who builds team alignment to shared vision; demonstrated ability to collaborate within multidisciplinary teams
- Project management experience (for the integration effort across multi-sites)
- Experienced at program creation (i.e. wound care, diabetes, pain management, falls prevention)
- Presentation / plan development skills with an audience of internal and external network partners.
- Public speaking / presentation skills
- Change management leadership experience
- Knowledge of Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) and MDS
- Preparation and experience in policy development; project development; risk management; investigation; collaboration
- Familiarity with and experience in accrediting health care facilities (preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel
- Willingness to travel (approx 40% of schedule)
* Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
This is a permanent full time position (37.5 hours per week) Compensation includes a comprehensive benefit package. If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org describing how you are a fit with Baptist Housing.
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Affordable Rental, and Adult Day Programs to over 2000 seniors in British Columbia. Our communities are located in Greater Vancouver, Victoria, and the Interior. Baptist Housing is affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific, yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions. We believe our Christian heritage and faith helps us compassionately meet the needs of those living in our communities.