Greeter (PT - Temp)
Baptist Housing Ministries Society – Victoria, BC
Baptist Housing provides exceptional holistic care as we assist over 2500 seniors to experience life well in supportive communities in British Columbia. We serve through a culture of caring, demonstrating Servant Leadership, collaborating in Teams, building relationships and fun!
The Victoria Region Team is looking for temporary Greeters to join them at the Marrion Village Residence, in Oak Bay.
Reporting to the Assisted Living Manager, the Greeter provides logistical and administrative support to the Assisted Living office. Duties include reception; scheduling of Resident visits, producing, maintaining and distributing a variety of documents; interacting with Residents and their families ensuring the efficient operation of the Resident Visitor program.
As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you model our values in all interactions, providing service with an attitude of compassion, respect and integrity. You understand the needs of seniors and love serving them and assisting them to live well. You are committed to achieving the mission of Baptist Housing, supporting your team every day, and you have a positive attitude. You are creative, great at teaching others, and collaborate well with others.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we will focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of Teammates, Residents, Families, and others.
- Honesty: exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: exercising ingenuity in all endeavours and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: recognizing God’s ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: taking our work seriously, but not ourselves!
The successful candidate will have a minimum 2 years of experience as an Administrative Assistant, and formal training in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Publisher or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
*Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults is required.
These are temporary positions. If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume and cover letter to vicHRteam@baptisthousing.org describing how you are a fit with Baptist Housing and your availability.
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment.
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria. We are affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions.