Baptist Housing is looking for casual Housekeepers to join our Team in Abbotsford. Our Hospitality Team is a great Team to be a member of. The current openings include evening shifts and night shifts providing vacation relief with an opportunity to pick up additional shifts within the Hospitality department.
This is a wonderful opportunity to gain experience working and serving our seniors community at Hallmark.
Duties include light housekeeping such as vacuuming, dusting and general cleaning of common areas throughout our Hallmark Residences.
As a Housekeeper you are part of our Hospitality Team. You enjoy interacting with our Residents and connect with Baptist Housing values. The position reports to the Hospitality Coordinator.
As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you have exceptional interpersonal skills and have a heart to serve others. The Hospitality Team is highly service-oriented and you should enjoy working in an atmosphere that encourages Teamwork and FUN.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: Showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of fellow Team Members, Residents, families, and others.
- Honesty: Exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: Treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: Exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: Recognizing God’s ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: Reminding us that we must take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English; verbally and written.
- Must enjoy working with seniors.
- Physically able to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to work all shifts as applicable to the position.
- Night Shift requires current First Aid Certificate
*Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
Compensation for this role is $15.30/hour.
-If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume and details to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 2020.
Or please drop off your resume at Hallmark on the Park at 3055 Princess Street, Abbotsford B.C.
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Affordable Rental, and Adult Day Programs to over 2800 seniors in British Columbia. Our communities are located in Greater Vancouver, Victoria, and the Interior. Baptist Housing is affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific, yet our communities’ welcome people of all faith traditions. We believe our Christian heritage and faith helps us compassionately meet the needs of those living in our communities.
Expires: June 30, 2020