Occupational Therapist (Full-Time)
Inglewood Care Centre – a Baptist Housing Community in West Vancouver is looking for a Full-Time Occupational Therapist to join our team and serve our Residents.
Reporting to the Administrator, the successful candidate will be responsible for meeting Resident needs by providing initial assessments, consultations and recommendations regarding the Resident’s physical and functional abilities. This role also contributes to the Musculo Skeletal Injury Prevention Program, participates as a member of the OHS Team to review Team Member injuries, reports incident trends and provides input to risk identification and reduction.
As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you model our values in all interactions, providing service with an attitude of compassion, respect and integrity. You understand the needs of seniors and love serving them and assisting them to live well. You are committed to achieving the mission of Baptist Housing, supporting your team every day, and you have a positive attitude. You are creative, great at teaching others, and collaborate well with others.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs to Teammates, Residents, Families, and others.
- Honesty: exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behavior.
- Respect: treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: recognizing God’s ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: taking our work seriously, but not ourselves!
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Physiotherapy or Occupational Therapy
- Current registration with a governing body in British Columbia, or equivalent
- Previous experience in gerontology
- The successful candidate will have excellent communication and organizational skills, a warm personality and a great sense of humour.
If this sounds like you please provide a current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us why you want to work at Inglewood Care Centre- a Baptist Housing Community.
Baptist Housing provides enhanced living communities and exceptional care to over 2700 seniors in British Columbia. We provide Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria. We serve through a culture of caring, demonstrating Servant Leadership, collaborating in Teams, building relationships and FUN while exemplifying Christ-like values. We are affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific.