Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist - (Full-Time)
Baptist Housing is looking for a full-time Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist to join the Team at our Evergreen Community in White Rock a 252 bed Long Term Care Facility.
Reporting to the Administrator, the successful candidate will be responsible for meeting Resident needs by providing initial assessments, consultations and recommendations regarding the Resident’s physical and functional abilities. This role also contributes to orientation of new Team Members by maintaining education on Safe Resident Handling. Knowledge around the Least Restraint CPG, and Falls Prevention CPG’s. Candidate will also oversee Rehab Assistant Team.
As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you have exceptional interpersonal skills and have a heart to serve others. The Baptist Housing Team is highly service-oriented and you should enjoy working in an atmosphere that encourages Teamwork and FUN.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: Showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of fellow Team Members, Residents, families, and others.
- Honesty: Exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: Treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: Exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: Recognizing God’s ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: Reminding us that we must take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
Skills & Competencies:
- A great sense of humour.
- FUN: promotes fun in the workplace.
- Must display strong leadership skills, the ability to provide direction and motivate Team Members.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and oral, as well as negotiating ability.
- Acts at all times in the best interests of the organization.
- Demonstrates an attitude of respect for each person’s individuality, dignity and right to refusal and confidentiality.
- Current knowledge of physiological changes of geriatric population.
- Knowledge of altered cognitive function (particularly various dementias).
- Facilitation skills.
- Excellent communication and observation skills
- Knowledge of managed risk process in response to Resident / significant other’s choices.
- Knowledge of assistive equipment.
- Knowledge of computerized and other health related information systems.
- Knowledge of the legal aspects of documentation.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Physiotherapy or Occupational Therapy.
- Current registration with governing body in British Columbia.
- Combination of education and experience.
- Progressive and innovative approaches to gerontological rehabilitation and maintenance of strength.
* Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
This is a permanent Fulltime position at 37.5 hours per week. Compensation includes a comprehensive benefits package. If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume and cover letter to HRTeam@evergreen-home.com describing how you are a fit with Baptist Housing.
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Affordable Rental, and Adult Day Programs to over 2500 seniors in British Columbia. Our communities are located in Greater Vancouver, Victoria, and the Interior. Baptist Housing is affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific, yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions. We believe our Christian heritage and faith helps us compassionately meet the needs of those living in our communities.