Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist (Part Time) – Village at Mill Creek
Baptist Housing is looking for a part time Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist to support our Team at Village at Mill Creek in Kelowna.
Reporting to the Administrator, the successful candidate will be responsible for meeting Resident needs by providing initial assessments, consultations and recommendations regarding the Resident’s physical and functional abilities. This role contributes to the Musculo-skeletal Injury Prevention Program, participates as a member of the OHS Team to review Team Member injuries, reports incident trends and provides input to risk identification and reduction. This role also provides education to the Teams, in order to better serve our Residents and to keep our Team Members safe.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: Showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of fellow Team Members, Residents, families, and others.
- Honesty: Exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: Treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: Exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: Recognizing God’s ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: Reminding us that we must take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
- Bachelor’s degree in Physiotherapy or Occupational Therapy
- Current registration with a governing body in British Columbia or equivalent
- Previous experience in gerontology
The successful candidate must have effective organizational skills, strong communication, and be service oriented. A warm personality and a great sense of humour are also required.
* Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
This is a permanent part time position (24 hours per week). Compensation includes a comprehensive benefits package. If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com describing how you are a fit with Baptist Housing.
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Affordable Rental, and Adult Day Programs to over 2100 seniors in British Columbia. Our communities are located in Greater Vancouver, Victoria, and the Interior. Baptist Housing is affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific, yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions. We believe our Christian heritage and faith helps us compassionately meet the needs of those living in our communities.