Recreation Assistant - The Heights
You’re a compassionate and adaptable individual with a caring personality well-suited to provide safe and empathetic care to our residents. Both physically and mentally capable, you excel in clear documentation, time management, and teamwork. You understand the Wellness Model of Care, communicate effectively in English, and are tech-savvy. Your ability to assess residents’ needs and handle equipment, including wheelchair-accessible vans, is part of your skillset. You have a keen awareness of safety measures, all while fostering an inclusive and culturally sensitive environment. You hold at least a Grade 12 diploma, a recognized recreational certificate, and certifications in Food Safe, Class 4 driving, and First Aid.
- Exemplifies organizational values consistently.
- Cultivates respectful, positive, and collaborative relationships with residents, team members, families, and related disciplines.
- Applies the Wellness Model of Care in all recreational programs.
- Contributes meaningfully to program planning and implementation.
- Engages in resident assessments, care plans, and conferences.
- Attends department meetings and fulfills duties reliably.
- Creates a safe, empowering environment, promoting residents' well-being and independence.
- Organizes and facilitates recreational programs and outings.
- Prepares and maintains activity areas.
- Safely transports residents to activities.
- Supports and guides volunteers.
- Drives and accompanies residents on outings.
- Assists during meal times.
- Ensures confidentiality and documents resident progress.
- Observes and reports changes in resident behavior.
- Handles incident reports.
- Pursues personal and professional development.
- Prioritizes safety and infection control.
- Promotes a respectful workplace and complies with organizational policies and procedures.
Your Work Location
Victoria ranks among the top twenty world cities for quality of life. Your work location will be The Heights at Mount View, our seven-story, 260-suite long-term care community in Saanich.
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply button', where you can submit your resume and complete the necessary steps to apply for this job. We look forward to reviewing your application