Registered Nurse RN (Long-Term Care) Casual
Baptist Housing provides exceptional holistic care as we assist over 2500 seniors to experience life well in supportive communities in British Columbia. We serve though a culture of caring, demonstrating Servant Leadership, collaborating in Teams, building relationships and fun!
The Victoria team is recruiting casual Registered Nurses who are excited about being part of the Clinical Team at our long-term-care Residence, The Heights at Mt. View. Please, note that we are under the single-site order. Professionals working in health-care facilities cannot work in more than one Long-term Care or Assisted Living residence while this order is in place.
Reporting to the Director of Care, the RN is responsible for team leadership in the care community and directing the delivery of care to Residents. Duties include complex assessments such as RAI-MDS 2.0, medication administration and review, wound and skin care and other interventions, and leading the development of Care Plans, ensuring an interdisciplinary approach that includes Residents and their family.
As a Nurse leader, the RN exemplifies, and works collaboratively with the team to implement, a person-centered Wellness Model of Care. The RN is a role model for the team in the effort to normalize and enhance the lives of Residents, while involving them in their care and preserving their independence to the greatest possible extent.
Baptist Housing Values - As Servant Leaders, we will focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: Showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of fellow Team Members, Residents, families, and others.
- Honesty: Exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: Treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: Exercising ingenuity in all endeavours and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: Recognizing God's ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: Reminding us that we must take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
The successful candidate must be eligible for membership in the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP), and have a great sense of humour, effective time management skills, strong communication, and the ability to work variable shifts. A Canadian Nurses Association Gerontology Certificate is preferred.
To apply, please provide a current resume and cover letter telling us about your experience, availability and why you want to work for Baptist Housing. RNs are union positions and compensation and benefits are outlined by the Provincial BC Nurses Collective Agreement.
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria. We are affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions.