Rehabilitation Assistant - (Full Time)
Baptist Housing is looking for a full-time Rehabilitation Assistant to join the Team at our Evergreen Community in White Rock.
The Rehabilitation Assistant is responsible for supporting and supervising Resident Therapy Programs, promoting Team education as required, and is responsible for regular monitoring of equipment and walking aides. Reporting to the Therapist, the Therapy Assistant is committed to the safety of the Residents as well as the Team. The Therapy Assistant contributes valuable information to the development of Care Plans for the Residents, so that Resident care is of the utmost quality. Collaborate with a dynamic Team that strives to inspire with our wellness model of care that takes a holistic approach to one’s personhood.
The Rehabilitation Assistant supports and assists the promotion of team education as required, and is responsible for regular monitoring of equipment and walking aides, as specified by the Therapist. The Rehabilitation Assistant is committed to the safety of the Residents as well as the Team. The Assistant contributes valuable information to the development of Care Plans for the Residents, so that Resident care is of the utmost quality.
As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you have exceptional interpersonal skills and have a heart to serve others. The Baptist Housing Team is highly service-oriented and you should enjoy working in an atmosphere that encourages Teamwork and FUN.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: Showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of fellow Team Members, Residents, families, and others.
- Honesty: Exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: Treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: Exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: Recognizing God’s ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: Reminding us that we must take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
Skills & Competencies
- Work with minimal supervision, result oriented, achieving high levels of individual and Team performance.
- Knowledgeable of and able to demonstrate best practices and skilled in performing the tasks required for quality Resident therapy.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and effective communication skills.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing, in English.
- Demonstrates good problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates time management skills and the ability to effectively establish priorities and organize workload.
- Knowledgeable in the use of computers, email communication, internet use
- Knowledgeable of normal aging process, altered cognitive function, and disease processes associated with aging
- Knowledgeable in various strategies used to assist Residents with varying diagnoses.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of a Therapy Assistant Diploma Program
- At least one year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current First Aid certification
* Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
This is a permanent full-time position 37.5 hours per week. Compensation includes a comprehensive benefits package. If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume and cover letter to HRTeam@evergreen-home.com describing how you are a fit with Baptist Housing.
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Affordable Rental, and Adult Day Programs to over 2500 seniors in British Columbia. Our communities are located in Greater Vancouver, Victoria, and the Interior. Baptist Housing is affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific, yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions. We believe our Christian heritage and faith helps us compassionately meet the needs of those living in our communities.