Resident Assistant (Care Aide) - Assisted Living (Casual)
Baptist Housing provides enhanced living communities and exceptional care to almost 2000 seniors in British Columbia. We serve through a culture of caring, demonstrating Servant Leadership, collaborating in Teams, building relationships and FUN!
The Victoria Region Team is looking for Casual Resident Assistants (Care Aides) to serve our Assisted Living Residents at Marrion Village. Please, note that we are under the single-site order. Professionals working in health-care facilities cannot work in more than one Long-term Care or Assisted Living residence while this order is in place.
Reporting to the Assisted Living Manager, the successful candidate(s) will be responsible for meeting Resident needs through support of their activities of daily living. They must be personable, efficient and diligent in providing individualized care to our Residents, and are responsible for communicating Resident progress, attendance and changes in physical and cognitive functioning. As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you have exceptional interpersonal skills, the ability to foster and maintain relationships, and model our values in all interactions.
Baptist Housing Values - As Servant Leaders we will focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: showing care and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of others
- Honesty: exemplifying integrity and ethical behaviour
- Respect: treating people with care and dignity at all times
- Innovation: encouraging creativity in all endeavours
- Stewardship: using God-given resources effectively
- Teamwork: working together to achieve common goals
- Servant Leadership: serving each other to succeed with humility and grace
- Fun: taking our work seriously, but not ourselves
- The completion of a Health Care Assistant program
- Medication Administration Certificate
- Current Food Safe Level 1
- Current General WHMIS certification
- Current Emergency First Aid certification
- Registration with the Care Aide Registry of British Columbia
- Previous experience in gerontology is considered an asset
Please submit your resume and cover letter and indicate your availability. Resident Assistant is a unionized position, benefits are underlined in the BCGEU Collective Agreement.
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria, while exemplifying Christ-like values. We are affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific, yet our communities welcome people of any beliefs.
Salary range: $20.11-22.00