Assisted Living Facilities | Kelowna | Casual
Baptist Housing provides communities and exceptional care to over 2800 seniors in British Columbia. We provide Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria. We serve through a culture of humility and grace, providing service with an attitude of compassion, respect and integrity. We understand the needs of seniors and love assisting them to live well, modelling our values in all interactions.
Baptist Housing in Kelowna is looking for Casual Resident Assistants to serve our Assisted Living Residents at Sun Pointe Village, Village at Mill Creek and Village at Smith Creek.
Reporting to the Assisted Living Manager, the successful candidate(s) will be responsible for meeting Resident needs through support of their activities of daily living. They must be personable, efficient and diligent in providing individualized care to our Residents, and are responsible for communicating Resident progress, attendance and changes in physical and cognitive functioning. As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you have exceptional interpersonal skills, the ability to foster and maintain relationships, and model our values in all interactions.
- Qualifications include the completion of a Health Care Assistant program,
- Medication Administration Certificate,
- Registration with the Care Aid Registry of British Columbia.
- Previous experience in gerontology is considered an asset.
- The successful candidate will have excellent communication and organizational skills, a warm personality and a great sense of humour.
- Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
- Proof Of Vaccination (2 doses) of COVID 19 and PHN
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs to Teammates, Residents, Families, and others.
- Honesty: exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behavior.
- Respect: treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: recognizing God’s ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: taking our work seriously, but not ourselves!
These are Casual Positions. To apply, please apply by sending a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us why you want to join the Baptist Housing Team!
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment.