Vancouver-Administrator (Temporary Full-Time)
Baptist Housing is looking for a temporary, full-time Administrator to provide leadership at our Grandview Towers Residence in Vancouver.
Grandview Towers is an active and vibrant multi-cultural Seniors Rental Housing community in East Vancouver. The three high-rise buildings consisting of 277 suites offer incredible views and spacious park like grounds that provide a tranquil escape from busy city life. Grandview Towers includes both affordable Seniors Rental Housing apartments as well as 55 suites with supportive housing services as part of the of the Seniors Supportive Housing Program offered through BC Housing.
The Administrator is committed to achieving Baptist Housing’s mission, compelled by the values of Jesus Christ, to provide exceptional services where seniors experience life well through spiritual care and leadership.
The Administrator is responsible for the day-day operations; responsibilities include giving oversight to invoicing, property maintenance, chaplaincy programs, supportive housing program and providing team leadership and strategic direction that results in a high level of service and care for all Residents which aligns with Baptist Housing’s corporate vision, goals and strategic initiatives in a person centered culture. The Administrator is responsible for overseeing the annual budget and assist with planning replacement reserves and capital budgets and ensuring internal controls and financial standards are met as required by and directed by the controller and external auditors. The Administrator ensures there is proper emergency and or relief coverage is in place at all times. The Administrator is responsible for establishing and maintaining positive relationships with Residents, families, Team Members, and all stakeholders including regulatory authorities and agencies.
As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you have exceptional interpersonal skills, the ability to foster and maintain relationships, and model our values in all interactions. The Administrator is highly service oriented, has focus on achieving goals and is able to work independently and as a collaborative Team Member. You have strong numeric and organizational skills. You are a critical thinker and problem solver, detailed and organized, and able to manage your time, workload and conflicting priorities effectively and efficiently.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we will focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of Teammates, Residents, Families, and others.
- Honesty: exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: recognizing God's ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: taking our work seriously, but not ourselves!
- Experience Leading a Team with at least five years’ coordinating services in an administration/management capacity within a Seniors Living Community
- Knowledge of Residential Tenancy Act, BC Housing’s Subsidized Housing Program and BC Housing’s Supportive Housing Program
- A Bachelor’s degree in from an accredited college or university with specialization in business administration, social sciences or health care administration
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Highly organized
* Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
This is a temporary full-time position (37.50 hrs/week). For further information, contact: Dean Neibel, HR Manager at (604) 940-1960(ext. 115).
If you are interested in this position please e-mail your resume and details to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides enhanced living communities and exceptional care to 2750 seniors in British Columbia. We provide Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria. We serve through a culture of caring, demonstrating Servant Leadership, collaborating in Teams, building relationships and FUN while exemplifying Christ-like values. We are affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific.
Expires: February 28, 2020