White Rock - Health Care Assistant - (Casual)
Baptist Housing is looking for a Health Care Assistant to join our Team at Evergreen Community in White Rock, BC
Under the direction of the Team Leader assists Residents with the activities of daily living, including personal, social, physical and recreational needs. The Health Care Assistant performs all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: Showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of fellow Team Members, Residents, families, and others.
- Honesty: Exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: Treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: Exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: Recognizing God’s ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: Reminding us that we must take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
- Grade 10 plus graduation from a recognized Health Care Assistant program or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Registration in good standing with the BC Care Aid Registry – this must be maintained throughout employment here.
- Current First Aid and CPR Certification
- Food Safe Certification
- WHMIS or SPECO Certification
- Violence Prevention Module completion from the Learning Hub.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Prefer education related to working with adults with dementia/Alzheimer’s
* Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
This is a casual position. If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com describing how you are a fit with Baptist Housing.
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Affordable Rental, and Adult Day Programs to over 2500 seniors in British Columbia. Our communities are located in Greater Vancouver, Victoria, and the Interior. Baptist Housing is affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific, yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions. We believe our Christian heritage and faith helps us compassionately meet the needs of those living in our communities.