During this difficult time we want to share with you that we are continuing to do everything we can to protect our Residents and those we work with.
We have taken the following extraordinary precautions as we aggressively work together for the health and safety of everyone. Each day we review our current plans and make immediate changes that we feel are in the best interest of everyone and as directed by Ministry of Health.
- Daily staff screening upon entry – with limited entrances to increase safety
- Essential visitor access – only compassionate palliative and end of life visits
- Modified activities – Focusing on social distancing
- Community interactions – suspension of all community partnerships
- Dining – reducing the size of our Residents dining at a single time to increase social distance
- Cleaning – frequent and increased cleaning of all surfaces following diligent infection control protocols
We have closed all of our residences to visitors. Visits will be accommodated for compassionate care (end of life and critical care illness) only.
Restricting visitors will minimize the risk of the introduction of COVID-19 into our residences and allow our Team to focus on caring for Residents, rather than monitoring and screening visitors.
We realize these stricter limitations on visitors has the potential to increase anxiety for Residents and families – however, in an effort to control transmission, it is essential.
We will continue to update our response and encourage you to follow the provincial links below for the latest news. If you have questions regarding one of our residences specifically please call the local number available under the name of the community you are inquiring about.