Housing & Care Contacts
Rental Housing resources are available through the BC Housing website including:
- SAFER (Shelter Aid for Elderly Renters) - Available to those 60 years and older; helps make rents affordable for BC seniors with low to moderate incomes.
- Seniors' Rental Housing & Subsidized Housing - Available to those age 55 and older, or a person with disabilities.
- Seniors Supportive Housing (SSH) - Provides specially modified rental homes primarily to low-income seniors or people with disabilities who need some assistance in order to continue to live independently. Support services include 24-hour response, light housekeeping, meals, and social and recreational activities
Subsidized Assisted Living and Long-Term Care - Available to those who require some support with daily living or those with complex care needs requiring 24-hour professional care. These subsidies require assessment through a Case Manager.
To obtain a Case Manager, please call your local Health Authority:
- Interior Health (Kelowna) 250-980-1400, ask for Central Intake
- Island Health (Victoria) 250-388-2273
- Vancouver Coastal Health (Vancouver) 604-263-7377
- Fraser Health (Abbotsford) 1-855-412-2121