Activities Assistant (Part-Time) - Vancouver
Baptist Housing is looking for a part-time Activities Assistant to join our Team in Vancouver. The Activities Assistant assists in planning, implementing and evaluating recreational therapeutic wellness programs for the Assisted Living Residents at Clarendon Court. Activities are developed for each group of Residents to meet individual needs, promote community and optimize the holistic wellness of Residents. Our Activities Team is FUN, positive, outgoing and collaborative, modelling our values as they build relationships in our community.
Responsibilities include assisting Residents to make a comfortable transition to the community; conducting and participating in programs and activities; observing, assessing and documenting Resident needs and interests; and driving the Baptist Housing bus when transporting Residents to external activities.
The Activities Assistant has exceptional interpersonal skills, the ability to develop relationships, and creates an environment that fosters community. Proven skills in planning, implementing and assessing programs; observing and assessing Residents; teaching and leading individuals and groups are all required. You must have well developed organization and time management skills necessary to establish priorities and organize workload.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: Showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of fellow Team Members, Residents, families, and others.
- Honesty: Exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: Treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: Exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: Recognizing God's ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: Reminding us that we must take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English; verbally and written.
- Must enjoy working with seniors.
- Completed a recognized program in Recreational Therapy or Activation and/or have a minimum of two years related experience in implementing activity programs for seniors or event planning.
- You must have an unrestricted class 4 drivers' license and a clear driver abstract, or be willing to obtain this.
- Current certification in first aid.
- As an Activity Assistant you should have the ability to lift 35 lbs.
- Ability to work all shifts as applicable to the position.
*Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults.
This is a permanent part-time position (22.50 hours/ 3 days per week). Compensation includes a comprehensive benefits package.
-If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume and details to email@example.com May 31, 2019.
For further information contact, Dean Neibel, HR Manager at 604-940-1960 (ext. 115)
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Affordable Rental, and Adult Day Programs to over 2100 seniors in British Columbia. Our communities are located in Greater Vancouver, Victoria, and the Interior. Baptist Housing is affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific, yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions. We believe our Christian heritage and faith helps us compassionately meet the needs of those living in our communities.
Expires: May 31, 2019
Back to Job Listings