Cook - (Casual) - Abbotsford
Baptist Housing is looking for a Cook to join our Team in Abbotsford at our Hallmark Residences.
We currently have a need for a Casual Cook to join our Hospitality Team. We have a variety of shifts in the Cook role with some flexibility as required.
As a Cook you are part of our Hospitality Team. Duties include preparing and presenting meals with a high standard of quality and service to our Residents, to ensure use of proper food handling techniques, to adhere to time schedules for meal service, practices and maintains cleanliness and sanitation according to all Health Department regulations, promotes and maintains positive communication with all Residents and fellow Team Members. You should enjoy serving seniors and connect with Baptist Housing values. The position reports to the Hospitality Coordinator.
As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you have exceptional interpersonal skills and have a heart to serve others. The Hospitality Team is highly service-oriented and you should enjoy working in an atmosphere that encourages Teamwork and FUN.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we will focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of Teammates, Residents, Families, and others.
- Honesty: exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: recognizing God's ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: taking our work seriously, but not ourselves!
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- At least one year experience as a cook, experience with large quantity menu planning, food preparation and presentation.
- Current Food Safe Certification
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English; verbally and written.
- Must enjoy working with seniors.
- Warm, friendly, with a good sense of humour!
- Ability to work all shifts as applicable to the position.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Good organizational skills
*Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
This is a casual position. Compensation is $15.50/ hour.
-If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume and details to email@example.com May 24, 2019.
Or please drop off your resume at Hallmark on the Park at 3055 Princess Street, Abbotsford B.C.
Baptist Housing provides enhanced living communities and exceptional care to almost 2100 seniors in British Columbia. We provide Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria. We serve through a culture of caring, demonstrating Servant Leadership, collaborating in Teams, building relationships and FUN while exemplifying Christ-like values. We are affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific.
Back to Job Listings