Licensed Practical Nurse - Assisted Living (Casual) - Victoria
Baptist Housing in Victoria, BC is recruiting casual Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) who are excited about being part of the Team serving our Assisted Living Residents at Marrion Village.
Under the direction of the Assisted Living Manager, the Licensed Practical Nurse coordinates the delivery of Assisted Living Services on a day to day basis by implementing Resident Care Plans and liaising with family members and professionals regarding the Residents' care. The LPN supervises the delivery of services and medication administration by Resident Assistants and responds to Resident and family concerns. As a member of the multi-disciplinary team, the LPN demonstrates a commitment to service excellence, continuous quality improvement, the Wellness Model for person centred care, and the Mission, Vision and Values of Baptist Housing.
As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you model our values in all interactions, providing service with an attitude of compassion, respect and integrity. You love serving seniors and do everything you can to assist our Residents to live well. You are committed to achieving the mission of Baptist Housing, supporting your team every day, and you have a positive attitude.
You have exceptional communication skills, are able to manage time and workload efficiently, have demonstrated leadership skills, and are a critical thinker and problem solver. Successful candidates will have completed a recognized LPN program, have current licensure in good standing with BCCNP, and have experience providing care for seniors in a Residential Care environment.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders we will focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: Showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of fellow Team Members, Residents, families, and others.
- Honesty: Exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: Treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: Exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: Recognizing God's ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: Reminding us that we must take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
- Graduation from a recognized post-secondary Licensed Practical Nurse program
- Current registration in good standing with BCCNP
- Current First Aid certification
- Three years of experience as an LPN providing care to seniors or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
*Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
This is a permanent casual position. To apply, please provide a current resume and cover letter telling us about your experience and why you want to work for Baptist Housing. LPNs are union positions; compensation and benefits are outlined by the BGCEU Collective Agreement. For further information, contact Keri Nicolas, Assisted Living Manager (250) 592-2593.
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Affordable Rental, and Adult Day Programs to over 2000 seniors in British Columbia. Our communities are located in Greater Vancouver, Victoria, and the Interior. Baptist Housing is affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific, yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions. We believe our Christian heritage and faith helps us compassionately meet the needs of those living in our communities.
Back to Job Listings