Maintenance Assistant - (Casual) - Victoria
Baptist Housing is recruiting a Maintenance Assistant to join our team in the Victoria Region. This is a casual position located at our Heights at Mt. View Residence.
Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Assistant provides preventative maintenance, emergency repairs, and timely response to routine maintenance and repair requests for buildings, grounds and equipment.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders we will focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: Showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of fellow Team Members, Residents, families, and others.
- Honesty: Exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: Treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: Exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: Recognizing God's ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: Reminding us that we must take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
- Training in building and systems maintenance is required
- A minimum of two years related experience in building and systems maintenance * Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
To apply, please provide a current resume and cover letter telling us about the shifts you are available for and why you want to work for Baptist Housing. Maintenance Assistants are union positions; compensation and benefits are outlined by the Facilities Subsector Collective Agreement. For further information, contact: Thierry Ferland, Maintenance Manager (250) 384-1313 x197
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Affordable Rental, and Adult Day Programs to over 2000 seniors in British Columbia. Our communities are located in Greater Vancouver, Victoria, and the Interior. Baptist Housing is affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific, yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions. We believe our Christian heritage and faith helps us compassionately meet the needs of those living in our communities.
Back to Job Listings