Nursing Administrative Assistant (Care) - White Rock BC
Baptist Housing is looking for a Nursing Administrative Assistant to join our Team at Evergreen Community in White Rock, BC.
Under the direction of the Director of Care, the Nursing Administrative Assistant performs a range of administrative duties to support the Nursing leadership team. This includes working closely with the Director of Care and other Nursing leadership Team Members in a supporting role.
Responsibilities include: electronic entering of diagnosis, and medical related information, auditing medical records, ordering of medical supplies, organization of medical supplies/equipment, communication with family and residents around admissions/discharges, organize meetings related to medication reviews, and other duties as assigned. Duties to be carried out with a focus on supporting Residents in a long term care environment.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: Showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of fellow Team Members, Residents, families, and others.
- Honesty: Exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: Treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: Exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: Recognizing God's ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: Reminding us that we must take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
- Unit Clerk Certificate/Medical Office Assistant certificate is preferable
- Experience in the Health Care Industry
- Knowledge around Medical terminology and diagnosis
- Excellent Communication Skills/Organizational Skills
- Knowledge around Microsoft Office/excel and word programs/creation of spread sheets
- Typing proficiency
- Working with Point Click Care Report options an asset
- Experience with admissions/discharges in long term care an asset
- Experience preferred in working with the Fraser Health Pathway/Admission Program
- Familiarity with Fraser Health Regulations/Licensing an asset
- Excellent telephone communication skills
- Teamwork and ability to work independently
* Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
This is a permanent full-time time position (37.5 hours/week). Compensation includes a comprehensive benefit package. If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com describing how you are a fit with Baptist Housing.
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Affordable Rental, and Adult Day Programs to over 2500 seniors in British Columbia. Our communities are located in Greater Vancouver, Victoria, and the Interior. Baptist Housing is affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific, yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions. We believe our Christian heritage and faith helps us compassionately meet the needs of those living in our communities.
Back to Job Listings