Recreation Coordinator (Temporary Excluded Full-Time) - Kelowna
Recreation Coordinator (Temporary Excluded Full-Time) -Sun Pointe Village
Baptist Housing in Kelowna is looking for a Temporary Excluded Recreation Coordinator to join our Team at Sun Pointe Village.
Reporting to the Administrator, the Recreation Coordinator provides assessments, interventions and Recreation Therapy Standards of Practice related to specific Residents which are designed to meet their individual needs and abilities in order to maintain and improve their level of social and leisure function. The Recreation Coordinator organizes recreation programs for the Assisted Living/Supportive Housing and Complex Care campus by providing work direction to assigned Team Members and volunteers.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: Showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of fellow Team Members, Residents, families, and others.
- Honesty: Exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: Treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: Exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: Recognizing God's ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: Reminding us that we must take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
- Recreation Therapist diploma / degree
- Eligibility for membership in the British Columbia Therapeutic Recreation Association
- A minimum of two years' experience in a Recreation Therapy role
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Class 4 License
The successful candidate must have a great sense of humour, effective time management skills, strong communication, and a warm personality. Previous experience in gerontology is considered an asset.
* Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
This is a temporary (approximately 1 year) excluded full time position (36.5 hours per week). Compensation includes a comprehensive benefit package. If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com describing how you are a fit with Baptist Housing.
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Affordable Rental, and Adult Day Programs to over 2100 seniors in British Columbia. Our communities are located in Greater Vancouver, Victoria, and the Interior. Baptist Housing is affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific, yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions. We believe our Christian heritage and faith helps us compassionately meet the needs of those living in our communities.
Back to Job Listings