Registered Dietitian - (Casual) - Kelowna
Baptist Housing is recruiting a casual Registered Dietitian to join our team in Kelowna to support our three campuses - Village at Mill Creek, Sun Point Village and Village at Smith Creek.
The Dietitian is responsible for optimal nutritional care of all Residents, through nutritional assessments, ongoing follow-up and provision of professional guidance to the Food Services Department. The Dietitian exemplifies the values of Baptist Housing and models and promotes these and the vision and mission of the organization to Team Members and others. The Dietitian promotes an environment that supports and respects the autonomy, independence, dignity, privacy, health and wellness of our Residents in a person-centered Wellness Model of care.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
* Compassion: showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of Teammates, Residents, Families, and others.
* Honesty: exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
* Respect: treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
* Innovation: exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
* Stewardship: recognizing God's ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
* Teamwork: working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
* Fun: taking our work seriously, but not ourselves!
Qualifications (Education & Experience)
* "Restricted Activity A" required (preferably Restricted Activity C).
* Degree in Dietetics or Nutrition and a graduate of an approved Dietetic internship
* Registered Dietitian with a practicing membership in the College of Dietitians of BC
* Membership in Dietitians of Canada, is preferred.
* A minimum of 2-years clinical experience in Long Term Care preferred
* Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
This is a casual appointment, providing vacation and leave coverage for the permanent full-time Dietitian. If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume and cover letter describing how you are a fit with Baptist Housing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment.
Baptist Housing provides enhanced living communities and exceptional care to almost 2000 seniors in British Columbia. We provide Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria. We serve through a culture of caring, demonstrating Servant Leadership, collaborating in Teams, building relationships and FUN while exemplifying Christ-like values. We are affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific.
Back to Job Listings