Resident Assistant - (Casual) - Abbotsford
Baptist Housing is looking for casual Resident Assistants to join the team at Hallmark on the Park, our Assisted Living Residence in Abbotsford. The Resident Assistant is responsible for providing personal care and assisting with the activities of daily living for our Residents in an Assisted Living environment.
The Resident Assistant follows a Care Plan for each Resident, performing duties such as assisting with bathing, toileting, dressing and personal hygiene; doing personal laundry and assisting with meal delivery; administering medications; assisting with Resident transfers and portering to activities; documenting care delivery and providing input to the Nurse Managers regarding changing care needs . You should enjoy serving seniors and connect with Baptist Housing values. The position reports to the Assisted Living Team Coordinator Manager.
Hallmark on the Park is a warm and inviting place to serve the needs of our seniors and joining our Team in a casual role would be a great introduction to the Hallmark and Baptist Housing Team.
As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you have exceptional interpersonal skills and have a heart to serve others. The Baptist Housing Team is highly service-oriented and you should enjoy working in an atmosphere that encourages Teamwork and FUN.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: Showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of fellow Team Members, Residents, families, and others.
- Honesty: Exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: Treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: Exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: Recognizing God's ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: Reminding us that we must take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English; verbally and written.
- Grade 12 education and completed a recognized Care Aide program and have current registration with the BC Care Aide Registry.
- Certification in Medication Administration.
- Certificates in CPR and First Aid.
- Current General WHMIS Certification
- Current Food Safe Level 1
- Must enjoy working with seniors.
- Ability to work all shifts as applicable to the position, as noted above in the posting.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Good organizational skills.
*Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
- Compensation for this position is $17.75 / hour
-If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume and details to firstname.lastname@example.org September 13, 2019.
For further information contact, Dean Neibel, HR Manager at 604-940-1960 (ext. 115)
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Affordable Rental, and Adult Day Programs to over 2500 seniors in British Columbia. Our communities are located in Greater Vancouver, Victoria, and the Interior. Baptist Housing is affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific, yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions. We believe our Christian heritage and faith helps us compassionately meet the needs of those living in our communities.
Expires: September 13, 2019.
Back to Job Listings