Resident Assistant - (Casual, On-Call) - Vancouver
Baptist Housing is looking for two casual on-call Resident Assistants to join our team in Vancouver. The Resident Assistant is responsible for providing personal care and assisting with activities of daily living for our Residents in an Assisted Living environment.
The Resident Assistant follows a Care Plan for each Resident, performing duties such as assisting with bathing, toileting, dressing and personal hygiene; doing personal laundry and assisting with meal delivery; administering medications; assisting with Resident transfers and portering to activities; documenting care delivery and providing input to the Nurse regarding changing care needs.
As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you model our values in all interactions, providing service with an attitude of compassion, respect and integrity. You love serving seniors and do everything you can to assist our Residents to live well. You are committed to achieving the mission of Baptist Housing, supporting your team every day, and you have a positive attitude.
Resident Assistants must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, and manage time and workload efficiently. Successful candidates will have completed Grade 12 graduation and a recognized Care Aide program, have current registration in good standing with the BC Care Aide Registry, certification in medication administration, be readily available for all shifts, and have a minimum of one year of experience providing care for seniors.
To apply, please provide a current resume and cover letter telling us about your availability and why you want to work for Baptist Housing.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: Showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of fellow Team Members, Residents, families, and others.
- Honesty: Exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: Treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: Exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: Recognizing God's ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: Reminding us that we must take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English; verbally and written.
- Completion of a recognized Care Aide program and have current registration with the BC Care Aide Registry.
- Experience in an Assisted Living environment.
- Certification in Medication Administration.
- Certificates in CPR and First Aid.
- Must enjoy working with seniors.
- Ability to work all shifts as applicable to the position.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Good organizational skills.
*Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
This is a part-time position. Compensation includes a comprehensive benefit package.
-If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume and details to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 27, 2019.
For further information contact, Dean Neibel, HR Manager at 604-940-1960 (ext. 115)
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Affordable Rental, and Adult Day Programs to over 2100 seniors in British Columbia. Our communities are located in Greater Vancouver, Victoria, and the Interior. Baptist Housing is affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific, yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions. We believe our Christian heritage and faith helps us compassionately meet the needs of those living in our communities.
Back to Job Listings