Scheduler (Casual) - Victoria
Reporting to the HR Generalist/Scheduling Lead, the Scheduler performs a variety of receptionist, clerical, and communication services for the scheduling and coordination of health care workers with the intent of filling planned leaves, short call and long call vacancies and workload requests in accordance with established Scheduling processes, policies and procedures.
As an Ambassador of Baptist Housing:
- Models the organizational values.
- Demonstrates a consistent example of Servant Leadership by serving the needs of others.
- Fosters and maintains positive, collaborative relationships with Residents, Team Members, Families and Partners.
- Demonstrates high degree of commitment to customer service excellence.
- Develops, coordinates and adjusts schedules giving consideration to coverage requirements, available resources, scheduling constraints in line with the Collective Agreements
- Assures timely completion of schedules within established time parameters.
- Responsible for maintaining ongoing communications with Team members.
- Receives and enters information into computerized scheduling and timekeeping system. Accuracy is paramount for success in this process.
- Maintains electronic records, forms, lists and compiles data/statistics.
- Assumes responsibility for personal and professional development.
- Attends orientation programs, continuing education programs and other work-related meetings to promote and maintain professional development.
Health & Safety
- Establishes, influences and supports a culture of health and safety.
- Demonstrates safe working practice and encourages Team Members to work safely.
- Takes initiative and makes suggestions for health and safety improvements in the workplace.
- Identifies hazards and unsafe work practices, corrects these when possible, or reports to a Supervisor.
As Servant Leaders, we will focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
Baptist Housing Values
- Compassion: showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of Teammates, Residents, Families, and others
- Honesty: exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour
- Respect: treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness
- Innovation: exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage
- Stewardship: recognizing God's ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission
- Teamwork: working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance
- Fun: taking our work seriously, but not ourselves!
- Grade 12
- Keyboard at 50 wpm.
- Minimum 2 years scheduling experience, at least 1 year in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Previous experience interpreting and applying collective agreements in a scheduling services environment.
- Must be proficient in Word/Excel and Outlook (will train on company based software program).
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Physically and mentally capable of carrying out the duties of the position.
- Has the character, temperament and interpersonal skills reflective of Baptist Housing values and necessary to work in a team environment.
- Able to work effectively, both independently with a high level of autonomy and in collaboration with a team.
- Able to resolve conflict and preserve relationships in alignment with our values.
- Is a critical thinker with good problem solving ability and sound judgement.
- Has well developed organization skills.
- Manages time, workload and conflicting priorities effectively and efficiently.
- Flexible and able to function effectively in a dynamic and ever-changing environment.
*Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults is required.
Baptist Housing provides enhanced living communities and exceptional care to almost 2000 seniors in British Columbia. We provide Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria. We serve through a culture of caring, demonstrating Servant Leadership, collaborating in Teams, building relationships and FUN while exemplifying Christ-like values. We are affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific.
Back to Job Listings