Volunteer Coordinator Assistant - (Part-Time) - Vancouver
Baptist Housing is looking for a part-time Volunteer Coordinator Assistant to join our Team in the lower mainland. Our volunteers are an important piece of our ministry to seniors.
The Volunteer Coordinator Assistant assists the Volunteer Coordinator, Chaplains and Recreation Program Facilitator(s) in recruiting, interviewing, selecting, orientating, training, and retaining volunteers for multiple Baptist Housing residences in the Vancouver region, in order to improve the Residents' level of physical, psychological, social and spiritual function.
The Volunteer Coordinator Assistant assists the Volunteer Coordinator, Chaplains and Activity Team Members by coordinating volunteer work placement designed to meet the Resident's individual needs and abilities.
The Volunteer Coordinator Assistant will value learning, embrace innovative change, and promote safety, wellness and spiritual care using a person-centered approach.
As a Volunteer Coordinator Assistant you are part of our Spiritual Care Team. You enjoy interacting with our Residents and connect with Baptist Housing values. The position reports to the Lower Mainland Volunteer Coordinator
As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you have exceptional interpersonal skills and have a heart to serve others. You should enjoy working in an atmosphere that encourages Teamwork and FUN.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: Showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of fellow Team Members, Residents, families, and others.
- Honesty: Exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: Treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: Exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: Recognizing God's ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: Reminding us that we must take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English; verbally and written.
- Must enjoy working with seniors.
- A minimum of two years' experience in a Volunteer Administration role or related experience.
- Eligibility for membership in the Administrators of Volunteer Resources - British Columbia (AVRBC) or Volunteer Management Professionals of Canada (VMPC)
- This position will work in multiple locations and recruit volunteers from a variety of venues and requires personal transportation.
- Agreement with the Statement of Faith of Baptist Housing
*Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
This is a permanent part-time position. Compensation includes a comprehensive benefit package.
-If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume and details to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 22, 2019.
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Affordable Rental, and Adult Day Programs to over 2000 seniors in British Columbia. Our communities are located in Greater Vancouver, Victoria, and the Interior. Baptist Housing is affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific, yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions. We believe our Christian heritage and faith helps us compassionately meet the needs of those living in our communiti
Back to Job Listings