Abbotsford - Dining Assistant Full Time (Temporary)
Baptist Housing is looking for a full-time temporary Dining Room Assistant to join our Team in Abbotsford. This is a great opportunity to gain experience and serve our seniors in our Hallmark Residences. The position available is a rotation of 4 days on / 2 days off with varied start times. This position may lead to a permanent position.
Duties include serving meals to our Residents, light kitchen duties including dishwashing, assisting in the preparation of salads and desserts including opportunities to use your baking skills.
As a Dining Room Assistant you are part of our Hospitality Team. You enjoy interacting with our Residents and connect with Baptist Housing values. The position reports to the Hospitality Coordinator.
As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you have exceptional interpersonal skills and have a heart to serve others. The Hospitality Team is highly service-oriented and you should enjoy working in an atmosphere that encourages Teamwork and FUN.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: Showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of fellow Team Members, Residents, families, and others.
- Honesty: Exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: Treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: Exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: Recognizing God’s ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: Reminding us that we must take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English; verbally and written.
- Must enjoy working with seniors.
- Physically able to carry out the duties of the position, you should have the ability to lift 35lbs.
- Ability to work all shifts as applicable to the position.
- Current Food Safe Certificate.
*Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
The starting salary is $14.50 / hour and includes a benefit package after three months.
-If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume and details to email@example.com by November 25, 2019.
Or please drop off your resume at Hallmark on the Park at 3055 Princess Street, Abbotsford B.C.
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Affordable Rental, and Adult Day Programs to over 2500 seniors in British Columbia. Our communities are located in Greater Vancouver, Victoria, and the Interior. Baptist Housing is affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific, yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions. We believe our Christian heritage and faith helps us compassionately meet the needs of those living in our communities.
Expiry Date November 25, 2019