Baptist Housing believes in holistic care including spiritual care which involves an individual's core beliefs. Each of our communities provides chaplaincy services where spiritual care is offered to residents, team members and others. Providing spiritual care is part of our commitment to nurturing wholeness.
Baptist Housing chaplains are trained Christian ministers who focus on your spiritual wellness through Christ's love. Our professional chaplains come from a variety of denominational backgrounds.
Your Spiritual Journey
Our chaplains respect each person and their spiritual journey.
- as part of our spiritual and wellness care team,
- as friends, listening and caring with physical presence,
- as Christian ministers, respecting each person's faith while supporting their spiritual journey, and
- by providing information and encouragement to help people embrace life by understanding its purpose and meaning.
For You, Your Family and Friends
You'll often find our chaplains in the middle of a social activity or visiting with residents. Here are some of the specific services our chaplains are able to provide upon request:
- Exploring spiritual matters
- Private visitation
- Relationship reconciliation
- Grief support
- End of life issues
- Bible study or exploration
- Spiritual care resources
- Prayer groups
- Chapel services
- Special gatherings
- Hospital visitation
Although we are affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches, we welcome and respect people of all faith in our senior living communities. Our interdenominational services allow those with different faith backgrounds a regular opportunity to worship. Residents are also encouraged to attend their own place of worship in the community if possible.