Baptist Housing is looking for a Temporary full-time Activities Assistant to join our Team in Vancouver. The Activities Assistant assists in planning, implementing and evaluating recreational therapeutic wellness programs for the Independent Residents at our Shannon Oaks – Vancouver Campus. Activities are developed for each group of Residents to meet individual needs, promote community and optimize the holistic wellness of Residents. Our Activities Team is FUN, positive, outgoing and collaborative, modelling our values as they build relationships in our community.
Responsibilities include assisting Residents to make a comfortable transition to the community; conducting and participating in programs and activities; observing, assessing and documenting Resident needs and interests; and driving the Baptist Housing bus when transporting Residents to external activities.
The Activities Assistant has exceptional interpersonal skills, the ability to develop relationships, and creates an environment that fosters community. Proven skills in planning, implementing and assessing programs; observing and assessing Residents; teaching and leading individuals and groups are all required. You must have well developed organization and time management skills necessary to establish priorities and organize workload.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we will focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of Teammates, Residents, Families, and others.
- Honesty: exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: recognizing God's ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: taking our work seriously, but not ourselves!
- Completed a recognized program in Recreational Therapy or Activation and / or have a minimum of two years related experience in implementing activity programs for seniors or event planning.
- You must have an unrestricted class 4 drivers license and a clear driver abstract, or be willing to obtain this.
- Current certification in first aid.
- As an Activity Assistant you should have the ability to lift 35 lbs.
- Current Food-Safe certificate
* Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
This is a temporary full-time Tuesday – Saturday position and requires flexibility to work evenings (37.5 hrs/week). If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume and details to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, contact: Dean Neibel, HR Manager at (604) 940-1960(ext. 115).
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides enhanced living communities and exceptional care to almost 2800 seniors in British Columbia. We provide Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria. We serve through a culture of caring, demonstrating Servant Leadership, collaborating in Teams, building relationships and FUN while exemplifying Christ-like values. We are affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific.
Expires: September 8, 2020