Mill Creek Village | Kelowna | Fulltime
Baptist Housing provides communities and exceptional care to over 2800 seniors in British Columbia. We provide Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria. We serve through a culture of humility and grace, providing service with an attitude of compassion, respect and integrity. We understand the needs of seniors and love assisting them to live well, modelling our values in all interactions.
Mill Creek Village is centrally located in the Okanagan city of Kelowna. As a campus of care, it is perfectly designed to meet the changing care needs of seniors in our community. If you want to contribute to our exceptional team and work in this beautifully-appointed building.
Baptist Housing is looking for a full time, permanent Administrative Assistant to join our team at Village at Mill Creek. The Administrative Assistant is the first line of contact for individuals entering and exiting the Residence, during business hours. Reporting to the Administrator, and working as a member of the Administrative team, the Administrative Assistant ensures the accurate and timely delivery of administrative services to Residents, family and Team Members.
· The Administrative Assistant greets and meets individuals as they enter and leave the Residence during business hours;
· maintains professional relationships and both verbal and written communication with Residents, family members, Team Members;
· manages and directs incoming telephone calls during business hours; prepares documents such as letters, memo and policies using Word, Excel, Publisher and PointClickCare;
· organizes and maintains paper and electronic files; collects and distributes mail, forwarding to Residents, family and Team Members as appropriate;
· participates in the development of policies and procedures for the Reception Desk Operation;
· participates as an active member of the Campus Administration Team and schedules and sends notification of care conferences and medication review
· Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
· Have a positive, “can do” attitude, the ability to foster and maintain relationships, and model our values in all interactions
· Exceptional computer skills, a typing speed of at least 50 wpm, and the ability to work with autonomy and as a committed member of a team
· You are able to be a critical thinker, have a keen eye for detail and accuracy, are highly organized and able to manage time, workload and conflicting priorities effectively and efficiently
· Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in administration. An understanding of the healthcare environment is an asset
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
· Compassion: showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs to Teammates, Residents, Families, and others.
· Honesty: exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behavior.
· Respect: treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
· Innovation: exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
· Stewardship: recognizing God’s ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
· Teamwork: working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
· Fun: taking our work seriously, but not ourselves!
What‘s in it for you?
· Competitive vacation allocation
· Extended health & dental benefits
· Statutory holidays
· Retirement Savings Programs
· Great work atmosphere
· Employee & Family Assistance Program
· Professional development opportunities
This is a Full-Time, Permanent Position. To apply, please send a resume to email@example.com, with “Admin Assistant” in the subject line, telling us why you want to join the Baptist Housing Team!