Care Coordinator (Registered Nurse)
Baptist Housing provides exceptional care to almost 2800 seniors in British Columbia. We offer independent living, assisted living, long-term care, seniors’ rental, home support and adult day programs at our communities in Victoria, the Interior, and the Lower Mainland. We serve through a culture of caring, demonstrating servant leadership. Learn more at baptisthousing.org.
The Heights at Mt. View is a 7-storey, 260-suite residence located in Saanich, BC. As a complex care residence, The Heights at Mt. View offers 24/7 Long-Term Care in Victoria. With a design that exceeds operational requirements, this residence is inspired by the individuals who call the community home. This innovative project is part of a regional plan and partnership with the Province of British Columbia, the Vancouver Island Health Authority, the Capital Regional Hospital District and Baptist Housing to replace obsolete long-term care facilities in the Capital Region, and provide more care and housing options for the growing senior population.
About the Opportunity
The Care Coordinator is responsible for overseeing and participating in the provision of person-centered care in assigned Communities. As a member of a multidisciplinary care team, the Coordinator participates in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating Resident care programs.
Team leadership and supervisory duties include participating in the hiring process; providing leadership, supervising and supporting assigned Team Members; managing Team Member performance, including developing performance appraisals and participating in the disciplinary process; participating in the payroll process; and participating in the early stages of the grievance process and related duties.
This is a full-time (five days per week), permanent position located in Victoria. RNs are union positions and compensation, and benefits are outlined by the Provincial BC Nurses Collective Agreement.
- The successful candidate must be eligible for membership in the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
- A Canadian Nurses Association Gerontology Certificate is preferred.
- Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
- Provide clear current tuberculosis test
- Proof of Covid-19 Vaccination (2Doses) and PHN
Baptist Housing Values As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
· Compassion: showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs to Teammates, Residents, Families, and others.
· Honesty: exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behavior.
· Respect: treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
· Innovation: exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
· Stewardship: recognizing God’s ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
· Teamwork: working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
· Fun: taking our work seriously, but not ourselves!
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment.
Baptist Housing gratefully acknowledges that we serve and care for seniors in our communities located throughout the ancestral, traditional, and unceded territories of First Nations and Metis in the Okanagan Valley, Interior, Southern Vancouver Island, and the Lower Mainland. Our ministry office is located in Delta on the lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), q̓ə́yc̓əy (Katzie), q̓ʷɑ:n̓ƛ̓ən̓ (Kwantlen), Semiahmoo, and sc̓əwaθən məsteyəxʷ (Tsawwassen) Nations. We are affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions.