Baptist Housing is looking for a casual Concierge to join our team in Abbotsford at our two Hallmark seniors’ residences. There may also be an opportunity to pick up additional shifts as a screener.
As a casual you help provide coverage for both day shifts and evening shifts enjoying some flexibility and variety and have an opportunity to use your administrative skills in a warm and friendly environment.
As a Concierge you serve our Residents and assist other team members as needed. Duties include greeting visitors, handling external phone calls, interacting with our Residents and being a key social contact for Residents. The Concierge is also responsible for administrative duties and tasks within the community and for administrative tasks that support the Administrator and other management as needed. You should enjoy serving seniors and connect with Baptist Housing values. The position reports to the Resident Services Coordinator.
As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you have exceptional interpersonal skills and have a heart to serve others. The Concierge Team is highly service-oriented and you should enjoy working in an atmosphere that encourages Teamwork and FUN.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: Showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of fellow Team Members, Residents, families, and others.
- Honesty: Exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: Treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: Exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: Recognizing God’s ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: Reminding us that we must take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
- Ability to communicate and effectively in English; written and verbally.
- Enjoy working with seniors.
- Warm, friendly, with a good sense of humour.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work all shifts as applicable to the position.
- Experience in customer service an asset.
- Computer skills and experience, book keeping an asset.
- Proof of Covid 19 vaccination
*Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
-The starting salary temporarily is $19.04/hour.
-If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume and details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or drop off your resume at Hallmark on the Lake @ 31622 Charlotte Avenue, Abbotsford attn. Joyce Haayema
For further information contact, Dean Neibel, HR Manager at 604-940-1960 (ext. 115)
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Affordable Rental, and Adult Day Programs to over 2800 seniors in British Columbia. Our communities are located in Greater Vancouver, Victoria, and the Interior. Baptist Housing is affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific, yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions. We believe our Christian heritage and faith helps us compassionately meet the needs of those living in our communities.
Expires: December 5, 2022