Delta - Payroll Assistant - (Full Time)
Baptist Housing is looking for a permanent full-time Payroll Assistant to join our Team at our Head Office in Delta. This is a full-time position that includes a comprehensive benefit package and an opportunity to be part of a growing organization that currently provides housing for almost 2500 seniors in British Columbia.
The Payroll Assistant supports the Payroll Supervisor and is part of a Payroll Team that is responsible for the completion of bi-weekly payrolls, benefit administration and payroll configuration for over 1300 Team Members.
Duties include: Ensuring all internal payroll control and processes are accurately followed, coordination with regional Human Resources Teams of all payroll related concerns, ensures all demographic, compensation and any other changes in in the payroll system are accurate, prepares and coordinates and distributes all year end reporting to CRA and pension plans as required, prepares and coordinates Records of Employment, assists in benefit administration and administers garnishees. Responds to inquiries from Team Members, Service Canada and other stakeholders as required.
As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you have exceptional interpersonal skills, the ability to foster and maintain relationships, and model our values in all interactions. As a member of our Finance Team you should enjoy working with others and be highly service oriented. You are able to work independently and as a collaborative Team Member. You have strong numeric and organizational skills. Data entry proficiency. Demonstrated ability using Microsoft Excel. You are a critical thinker and problem solver, detailed and organized, and able to manage your time, workload and conflicting priorities effectively and efficiently.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we will focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of Teammates, Residents, Families, and others.
- Honesty: exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: recognizing God's ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: taking our work seriously, but not ourselves!
- A minimum of three years’ payroll experience
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner certification is an advantage
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Highly organized
* Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
This is a permanent full-time position (37.50 hrs/week). Compensation includes a comprehensive benefit package. For further information, contact: Dean Neibel, HR Manager at (604) 940-1960(ext. 115). If you are interested in this position please e-mail your resume and details to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides enhanced living communities and exceptional care to almost 2500 seniors in British Columbia. We provide Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria. We serve through a culture of caring, demonstrating Servant Leadership, collaborating in Teams, building relationships and FUN while exemplifying Christ-like values. We are affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific.
Expires: January 27, 2020