Licensed Practical Nurse
Baptist Housing is looking for a casual Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) to join the Team at our Evergreen Community.
Under the direction and supervision of the Director of Care the LPN evaluates, directs and maintains Resident care routines including the administration of medications, assessment of Residents’ physical, psychological and social health. Responsibilities include direction of all Care Aides in the provision of care.
As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you have exceptional interpersonal skills and have a heart to serve others. The Baptist Housing Team is highly service-oriented and you should enjoy working in an atmosphere that encourages Teamwork and FUN.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: Showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of fellow Team Members, Residents, families, and others.
- Honesty: Exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: Treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: Exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: Recognizing God’s ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: Reminding us that we must take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
- Graduate of an approved /recognized Licensed Practical Nursing Program
- Current License in good standing with CLPNBC
- Current WCB Occupational First Aid Level 1 Certificate or recognized equivalent.
- Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, in English.
- In good health, well-groomed and have the physical capabilities which are compatible with standing, bending, lifting and assisting residents.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and maintain co-operation with all levels of personnel.
- Able to deal with residents and families in a manner which demonstrates tact, empathy and patience.
YOU MUST NOT ALREADY BE ASSIGNED TO A LONG TERM CARE FACILITY UNDER THE SINGLE SITE ORER
If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume and details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Affordable Rental, and Adult Day Programs to over 2800 seniors in British Columbia. Our communities are located in Greater Vancouver, Victoria, and the Interior. Baptist Housing is affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific, yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions. We believe our Christian heritage and faith helps us compassionately meet the needs of those living in our communities.