Licensed Practical Nurse-(Full-Time Temporary)
Baptist Housing is looking for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to join the Team at Clarendon Court, our Assisted Living Residence in Vancouver. The LPN is responsible for coordinating the provision of personal care and hospitality services for our Residents.
We currently have a need for a Full-Time Temporary LPN to join our great Team at Clarendon Court. The position is available until March 31,2021 and may be extended if possible.
The LPN assists Residents with move-in and orientation to the community, assists with assessment interviews and developing Personal Services Plans, ensures Resident needs and preferences are reflected in all hospitality services and care planning, observes and assesses the Resident for changes in physical or cognitive abilities that require intervention or changes in service provision, participates in regular inter-disciplinary Resident reviews, provides bedside nursing care, monitors the delivery of medications and/or administers medications, documents assessment information and service provision revisions in the Resident record, liaises with the VCH Case Manager and external service providers, communicates care plans to healthcare Team Members, supervises the delivery of care services, provides leadership to healthcare Team Members, maintains positive communication with all Residents and fellow Team Members, performs other related duties as assigned. You should enjoy serving seniors and connect with Baptist Housing values. The position reports to the Assisted Living Manager.
As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you have exceptional interpersonal skills and have a heart to serve others. The Baptist Housing Team is highly service-oriented and you should enjoy working in an atmosphere that encourages Teamwork and FUN.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: Showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of fellow Team Members, Residents, families, and others.
- Honesty: Exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: Treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: Exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: Recognizing God’s ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: Reminding us that we must take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English; verbally and written.
- Completion of a recognized Licensed Practical Nurse program. Recent Graduates welcome!
- Current License in good standing with CLPNBC.
- Nursing experience providing care for seniors, preferably in an Assisted Living environment.
- Certificates in CPR and First Aid.
- Must enjoy working with seniors.
- Ability to work all shifts as applicable to the position.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Good organizational skills.
*Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
This is a part-time position. Compensation includes a comprehensive benefit package.
-If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume and details to email@example.com by October 24, 2020.
For further information contact, Dean Neibel, HR Manager at 604-940-1960 (ext. 115)
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Affordable Rental, and Adult Day Programs to over 2700 seniors in British Columbia. Our communities are located in Greater Vancouver, Victoria, and the Interior. Baptist Housing is affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific, yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions. We believe our Christian heritage and faith helps us compassionately meet the needs of those living in our communities.
Expires: October 24, 2020