Licensed Practical Nurse (Part-time) Long Term Care
Baptist Housing provides exceptional holistic care as we assist near 2000 seniors to experience life well in supportive communities in British Columbia. We serve through a culture of caring, demonstrating Servant Leadership, collaborating in Teams, building relationships and fun!
The Victoria Team is recruiting a Practical Nurse who is excited about being part of the Night Clinical Team at our long-term-care Residence, The Heights at Mt. View (shifts from 2300-0700 - 4 on 4 off).
This is a part-time maternity leave replacement (FTE.734) as well as it includes the opportunity to pick up extra shifts as Casual and to apply for internal positions that may be available. LPNs are union positions and compensation and benefits are outlined by the Provincial BC Nurses Collective Agreement.
The LPN provides leadership and support to a Community Team, directs the care delivery for Residents ensuring a person-centered model of Wellness, administers medication, provides wound care, conducts various Resident assessments, communicates with family members and service providers, and collaborates with the RN regarding care planning.
You have exceptional communication skills, are able to manage time and workload efficiently, have demonstrated leadership skills, and are a critical thinker and problem solver. Successful candidates will have completed a recognized LPN program, have current licensure in good standing with BCCNP, and have experience providing care for seniors in a Residential Care environment.
Nursing duties include complex assessments such as RAI-MDS 2.0, medication administration and review, wound and skin care and other interventions. Leads the development of Care Plans, ensuring an interdisciplinary approach that includes Residents and their Families. The Coordinator works collaboratively with the team to implement a person-centered wellness Model of Care, and acts as a role model for the team in an effort to normalize and enhance the lives of Residents, while involving them in their care and preserving their independence to the greatest extent possible.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we will focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: Showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of fellow Team Members, Residents, families, and others.
- Honesty: Exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: Treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: Exercising ingenuity in all endeavours and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: Recognizing God's ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: Reminding us that we must take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
- Graduation from a recognized post-secondary Licensed Practical Nurse program
- Current registration in good standing with BCCNP
- Experience as a nurse in a Residential Care environment (Preferred)
To apply, please provide a current resume and cover letter telling us about your experience, your availability and why you want to work for Baptist Housing.
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria. We are affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific.