Shannon Oaks Oak Bay | Victoria| Casual
Baptist Housing provides communities and exceptional care to over 2800 seniors in British Columbia. We provide Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria. We serve through a culture of humility and grace, providing service with an attitude of compassion, respect and integrity. We understand the needs of seniors and love assisting them to live well, modelling our values in all interactions.
Shannon Oaks is an all-inclusive premier Independent Living community in Oak Bay, from fine dining to a variety of daily activities and excursions and offering from a one-bedroom, a one-bedroom-with-den or a two-bedroom suites
The Victoria Team is recruiting a Casual Maintenance Assistant to join them and serve our Residents at Oak Bay in Victoria, BC.
The Maintenance Assistant supports all routine and preventative building and equipment maintenance projects and emergency repairs. Responsibilities include: painting, plumbing, electrical, irrigation and building fabric (walls, floors, ceilings, doors and roof).
As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you have exceptional interpersonal skills, the ability to foster and maintain relationships, and model our values in all interactions. The Maintenance Assistant enjoys working with others and is highly service oriented. You are able to work independently and as a collaborative Team Member. You are proficient in all aspects of drywall installation, finishing and painting. You have highly developed mechanical skills with proven ability to maintain and repair a wide range of appliances, equipment and systems. You are a critical thinker and problem solver, detailed and organized, and able to manage your time, workload and conflicting priorities effectively and efficiently.
- Minimum of 2 years related experience in building systems repair and maintenance.
- Formal education or equivalent training and experience in facility maintenance, preferred.
- Experience with drywall installation, finishing and painting.
- A sound knowledge of codes, regulations and best practices related to the work.
- Current Occupational First Aid (OFA) Level 1
- Current General WHMIS certification
- Experienced driver with a minimum of a Class 5 license
- Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
- Proof of COVID 19 Vaccination (2 Doses) and PHN
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs to Teammates, Residents, Families, and others.
- Honesty: exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behavior.
- Respect: treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: recognizing God’s ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: taking our work seriously, but not ourselves!
This is a Casual position. To apply, please provide a current resume and cover letter to email@example.com telling us about your experience, availability and why you want to be apart of the Baptist Housing team.
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment