The Heights at Mt. View | Victoria | Casual
Reporting to the Manager of Maintenance, the Maintenance Assistant provides preventative maintenance, emergency repairs, and timely response to routine maintenance and repair requests for buildings, grounds and equipment.
· Fosters and maintains positive, collaborative relationships with Residents, Team Members, Families and Partners
· Installs, maintains and repairs furniture, cupboards and countertops, walls, floors, ceilings and windows, including construction and application of materials
· Applies paint and other finishes
· Installs and repairs plumbing fixtures such as sinks, toilets, water supply and waste lines
· Identifies the nature of malfunction of equipment such as wheelchairs, paging and telephone systems, small appliances, and heavy duty equipment such as washers, dryers, sterilizers etc.
· Repairs equipment by disassembling, cleaning, oiling and greasing, replacing parts, soldering connections and reassembling
· Performs electrical installation and repairs, in compliance with codes and regulations, such as installing or repairing timers, switches, receptacles, fixtures and ballasts; and performing safety checks on electrical appliances, wiring and grounding
· Conducts preventative maintenance procedures for related equipment such as wheelchairs, trolleys and mechanical lifts, recommending repairs and purchases as required
· Provides grounds maintenance such as power washing, repair of irrigation systems and external building repairs
· Ensures all maintenance concerns are addressed in a timely manner
· Monitors stock of repair parts, tools and supplies on site
· Ensures maintenance work and storage areas are clean and organized
· Performs periodic inspections as directed
· Training in building and systems maintenance
· A minimum of two years related experience in building and systems maintenance or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Baptist Housing provides enhanced living communities and exceptional care to almost 2000 seniors in British Columbia. We provide Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria. We serve through a culture of caring, demonstrating Servant Leadership, collaborating in Teams, building relationships and FUN while exemplifying Christ-like values.