Maintenance Assistant (Casual) The Heights at Mt.View
Baptist Housing provides exceptional holistic care as we assist seniors to experience life well in supportive communities in British Columbia. We serve through a culture of caring, demonstrating Servant Leadership, collaborating in Teams, building relationships and fun!
The Team in Victoria is looking for a Casual Maintenance Assistant to join them at The Heights at Mt. View Residence.
Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Assistant provides preventative maintenance, emergency repairs, and timely response to routine maintenance and repair requests for buildings, grounds and equipment.
Baptist Housing Values As Servant Leaders we will focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: Showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of fellow Team Members, Residents, families, and others.
- Honesty: Exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: Treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: Exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: Recognizing God's ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: Reminding us that we must take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
- Training in building and systems maintenance is required
- A minimum of two years of related experience in building and systems maintenance
* Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
To apply, please provide a current resume and cover letter telling us about the shifts you are available for. Maintenance Assistants are union positions; compensation and benefits are outlined by the Facilities Subsector Collective Agreement.
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Affordable Rental, and Adult Day Programs to over 2000 seniors in British Columbia. Our communities are located in Greater Vancouver, Victoria, and the Interior. Baptist Housing is affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific, yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions.