Baptist Housing is looking for a Maintenance Assistant to join our Team in Vancouver. The Maintenance Assistant serves Residents, assisting them with a variety of inquiries and requests, assisting with the upkeep and maintenance of the Shannon Oaks and Clarendon Court Residences.
Responsibilities include responding to maintenance requests in a timely manner, completing documentation, maintaining tools, monitoring and picking up supplies.
The Maintenance Assistant has demonstrated knowledge in gardening, painting, plumbing, electrical, irrigation, equipment and building fabric maintenance practices and repairs. You are an effective problem solver, communicator and skilled in prioritization and time management.
As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you have exceptional interpersonal skills and have a heart to serve others. The Baptist Housing Team is highly service-oriented and you should enjoy working in an atmosphere that encourages Teamwork and FUN. You should be passionate about serving our amazing Residents.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: Showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of fellow Team Members, Residents, families, and others.
- Honesty: Exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: Treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: Exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: Recognizing God’s ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: Reminding us that we must take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English; verbally and written.
- Must enjoy working with seniors.
- Training and experience in facility maintenance
- Previous experience in project management.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively.
- Good organizational skills.
- Experienced driver with a minimum class 5 license
*Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
This is a full-time position and requires some flexibility to include evening and weekend work. Compensation includes a comprehensive benefit package.
-If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume and details to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 27, 2020.
For further information contact, Dean Neibel, HR Manager at 604-940-1960 (ext. 115)
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Affordable Rental, and Adult Day Programs to over 2800 seniors in British Columbia. Our communities are located in Greater Vancouver, Victoria, and the Interior. Baptist Housing is affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific, yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions. We believe our Christian heritage and faith helps us compassionately meet the needs of those living in our communities.
Expires: July 27, 2020