Baptist Housing provides exceptional holistic care as we assist over 2700 seniors to experience life well in supportive communities in British Columbia. We serve through a culture of caring, demonstrating Servant Leadership, collaborating in Teams, building relationships and fun!
The Team in Victoria is looking for a Full-time Maintenance Skilled to join them at The Oak Bay Campus (Elgin Gardens, Marrion Village, Shannon Oaks). The maintenance skilled serves residents, assisting them with a variety of inquiries and requests, assisting with the upkeep and maintenance of the Oak Bay Campus. Duties Include supporting the (RMS) in planning and managing projects undertaken on the sites.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we will focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of Teammates, Residents, Families, and others
- Honesty: exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour
- Respect: treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness
- Innovation: exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage
- Stewardship: recognizing God’s ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission
- Teamwork: working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance
- Fun: taking our work seriously, but not ourselves!
- Minimum of 4 years related experience in building systems repair and maintenance.
- Formal education or equivalent training and experience in facility maintenance,
- Experience with drywall installation, finishing and painting.
- A sound knowledge of codes, regulations and best practices related to the work.
- Current Occupational First Aid (OFA) Level 1
- Experienced driver with a minimum of a Class 5 license
* Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
To apply, please provide a current resume and cover letter to vicHrteam@baptisthousing.org.
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Affordable Rental, and Adult Day Programs at our communities located in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria regions. Baptist Housing is affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific, yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions.