Manager - Assisted Living (Licensed Practical Nurse)
Baptist Housing provides enhanced living communities and exceptional care to over 2700 seniors in British Columbia. We serve through a culture of caring, demonstrating Servant Leadership, collaborating in Teams, building relationships and FUN!
The Victoria Region Team is looking for an Assisted Living Manager (LPN) to join our Team at our Marrion Village Residence in Oak Bay, BC.
The Assisted Living Manager is responsible for coordinating and ensuring the delivery of quality care and services to the Assisted Living Residents at Marrion Village in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary Team. The Manager provides nursing care, ensures ongoing assessment of Residents, liaises with the VIHA Case Manager and RN regarding Residents’ care needs, develops and maintains Care Plans and routines for provision of daily care, and ensures accurate and timely documentation and reporting. As an Ambassador of Baptist Housing and our values, the Assisted Living Manager develops and maintains supportive relationships with Residents, families, Team Members and partners. As a Servant Leader, the Manager also supervises and effectively manages the performance of a healthcare Team.
Baptist Housing Values - As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: Showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of fellow Team Members, Residents, families, and others.
- Honesty: Exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: Treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: Exercising ingenuity in all endeavours and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: Recognizing God’s ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: Reminding us that we must take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you have exceptional interpersonal skills, the ability to foster and maintain relationships, and model our values in all interactions. The Assisted Living Manager is highly service-oriented, has a focus on achieving goals, able to work independently and as a collaborative Team Member. You have highly developed literacy skills with proven ability to plan and produce a broad range of professional and polished documents. You are a critical thinker and problem solver, detailed and organized, and able to manage your time, workload and conflicting priorities effectively and efficiently.
- Current full practicing licensure with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of BC (CLPNBC)
- Five years of experience in supervising and managing the performance of Team Members
- Three years of experience coordinating services within a seniors’ Assisted Living community or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Courses or certification in Gerontology
- Courses or certification in Business or Healthcare Administration
- Current certification in Emergency First Aid – Community Care
This is a permanent full-time position. Baptist Housing offers competitive compensation that includes a comprehensive benefits package. For further information contact Kate Dusik, Administrator at 250-859-0635.
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria regions. We are affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific, yet our communities welcome people of any beliefs.