Manager of Human Resources
Baptist Housing is looking for a Manager of Human Resources to join our Team in White Rock, located at Evergreen Baptist Campus of Care.
This position will contribute to the HR strategic plan, ensure that all HR practices and procedures meet Baptist Housing’s Values, and comply with our policies, Employment Standards, Worksafe BC and collective agreements to achieve Baptist Housing’s mission.
Duties include: Supervising the local H.R. team which includes schedulers and a Human Resources Assistant, recruiting, orientation, labour relations, collective agreement interpretation, Team Member wellness and engagement, corrective action, disability management, benefit plans, LTD, and pension plan administration.
As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you have exceptional interpersonal skills, the ability to foster and maintain relationships, and model our values in all interactions. The Manager of Human Resources is highly service oriented, has a focus on achieving goals, and is able to work independently and as a collaborative Team Member. You have highly developed literacy skills with proven ability to plan and produce a broad range of professional and polished documents. You are a critical thinker and problem solver, detailed and organized, and able to manage your time, workload and conflicting priorities effectively and efficiently.
The ideal candidate demonstrates an upbeat attitude, has FUN, supported by post-secondary education, CPHR, and related experience in Human Resources and Labour Relations - minimum of 5 years, ideally in a unionized health care environment.
You have the ability to appropriately prioritize, show initiative in developing and facilitating training programs and implement change management initiatives. Good research / analytical skills and a sense of urgency is required.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we will focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of Teammates, Residents, Families, and others.
- Honesty: exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: recognizing God’s ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: taking our work seriously, but not ourselves!
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Post-Secondary Education in Human Resources
- Related experience in Human resources and Labour Relations, minimum 5 years, ideally in a unionized health care environment
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills in English
- *Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
This is a permanent full-time position 37.50 hours / week. Compensation includes a comprehensive benefit package.
If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume and details to email@example.com by August 3, 2020.
For further information, please contact Dean Neibel, Manager Human Resources (604) 940-1960 ext. 115
Baptist Housing provides enhanced living communities and exceptional care to almost 2800 seniors in British Columbia. We provide Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria. We serve through a culture of caring, demonstrating Servant Leadership, collaborating in Teams, building relationships and FUN while exemplifying Christ-like values. We are affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific.
Expires: August 3, 2020