Reporting to the Recreation Facilitator, the Recreation Assistant will be responsible for meeting Resident needs through the implementation of planned social and recreation programs on a daily basis. They must be creative in providing individualized care to our Residents, and are responsible for communicating Resident progress, attendance and changes in physical and cognitive functioning. As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you have exceptional interpersonal skills, the ability to foster and maintain relationships, and model our values in all interactions.
Baptist Housing provides communities and exceptional care to over 2800 seniors in British Columbia. We provide Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria. We serve through a culture of humility and grace, providing service with an attitude of compassion, respect and integrity. We understand the needs of seniors and love assisting them to live well, modelling our values in all interactions.
Sun Pointe is centrally located in the Okanagan city of Kelowna. A campus of care, it is perfectly designed to meet the changing care needs of seniors in our community. Team Members at Sun Pointe work hard to care for the seniors who call it home - if you want to join our exceptional team and work in this well-designed building, apply today!
- completion of a Rehab Therapy Assistant program, or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a Recreation role, preferably in gerontology, is considered an asset.
- First Aide Certificate/Food Safe/Serving it Right
- Class 4 license
- Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
- COVID Vaccination
This position is for permanent with full benefits package. Compensation is based on Facilities Collective Agreement for Recreation Assistants.
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs to Teammates, Residents, Families, and others.
- Honesty: exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behavior.
- Respect: treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: recognizing God’s ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: taking our work seriously, but not ourselves!
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment.